European and competition law
Competition rules play an important part in international and national business. Companies and executives are responsible for compliance with those rules. Violations are penalised with increasing harshness. Companies suffering losses hold the offenders liable. Competition rules not only increasingly challenge companies but also offer opportunities.
European and Dutch tender law has become a fact of life in standard acquisition practice among government organisations. Companies participating in (government) tendering procedures who believe they have been disadvantaged are increasingly seeking redress from the courts. Do they have any hope of succeeding? And how can a tendering organisation prevent court cases? These are the questions that our specialists deal with on a daily basis.
We assist clients in a wide range of product and services sectors as well as (semi-)governmental organisations. We also have sector-specific expertise in sectors including healthcare, energy, public transport and telecom.
Our expertise includes:
- Reporting mergers, takeovers and joint ventures
- Cooperative agreements
- Setting up and closing down distribution systems
- Competition audits, training courses and compliance programmes
- Representation of companies being investigated by the Netherlands Competition Authority
- Appeals for clemency
- Complaint procedures and claims for damages when competition rules are violated
- State aid
- Advice and litigation with regard to European and Dutch tender law
- Assistance in tendering procedures
- EU laws
- Proceedings before the European and other courts
"The team is really good at explaining things in normal language. It can answer all my questions quickly and easily." Chambers Europe (2013)
"Clients report that the team is able to think beyond the textbook and come up with practical solutions." Chambers Europe (2011)
"This competition practice...has a strong focus on the healthcare and public transport sectors. Other areas of strength are energy, renewables and telecoms." Chambers Europe (2011)
"Considerable experience with cartel cases, state aid and procurement matters." Chambers Europe (2010)
"Clients are drawn to this down-to-earth, two-partner team thanks to its 'expertise and dedication'." Chambers Europe (2010)